The Student Leader Resource page is your guide to navigating policies and procedures that govern the student leader experience at CBS. This is a living site that may require updates to various policies and procedures during the academic year. The Office of Student Affairs reserves the right to enact policy and procedure changes that may impact student organization and cluster governance.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to your OSA club advisor.
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE LATEST STUDENT PROGRAMMING GUIDELINES AND BLACKOUT DATES.
NOTE: All official club or cluster programming (on or off-campus) is required to be submitted as an event in CampusGroups. Click here for instructions on how to create an event using your CampusGroups portal.
What are student programming blackout dates?
OSA works with other CBS partners to set specific dates and times when student organizations are and are not able to plan any types of events. These are put in place for academic purposes (such as exams or LEAD), important community wide events (like the Career Fair or Town Hall) or breaks and holidays when the school is closed.
Are there exceptions to student programming blackout rules?
Event exceptions are rare and are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Student groups must submit an exception request in advance to be reviewed by their OSA club advisor and/or CMC and Academics.
FALL 2023 PROGRAMMING GUIDELINES
FALL 2023 STUDENT GROUP PROGRAMMING GUIDE
- Student group programming begins Tuesday, September 12 after 5:45PM
- Student group programming ends Thursday, December 7 (last day of classes- no programming allowed after due to exams/holidays/end of semester)
FALL 2023 STUDENT GROUP PROGRAMMING HOURS
- Monday- Thursday, before 8:30 a.m.
- Monday- Thursday, 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Monday- Thursday, after 5:45 p.m.
- Friday- Sunday, all day
FALL 2023 STUDENT GROUP BLACKOUT DATES
- Wednesday, September 13 after 5:45PM: Second Year Kick-Off
- Monday, September 18 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.: First Year Career Advising Session
- Friday, September 29 until 2:00 p.m.: Fall Career Fair
- Friday, October 13: Friday, October 20- Study Day & Final Exams
- Friday, October 27 until 5:45 p.m.: Leading Inclusively
- Monday, November 6- Tuesday, November 7: Fall Break
- Wednesday, November 22- Friday, November 24: Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 1 after 5:45 p.m. - Follies
Student programming should not take place during the Study Day and Exam period
Club/cluster board meetings are allowed to occur during blackout days and times with the exception of individual academic conflicts (classes, exams, etc.)