The Student Leader Resource page is your guide to navigating policies and procedures that govern the student leader experience at CBS. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to your OSA club advisor.
NOTE: All official club or cluster programming (on or off-campus) is required to be submitted as an event in CampusGroups. Click here for instructions on how to create an event using your CampusGroups portal.
What are blackout dates?
OSA works with other CBS partners to set specific dates and times when student organizations are not able to plan any types of events. These are put in place for academic purposes (such as exams or LEAD), important community wide events (like the Career Fair or Town Hall) or breaks and holidays when the school is closed.
Can student groups plan outside of the approved programming times stated below?
No. The programing dates and hours listed below are put into place by OSA to ensure there are no conflicts with classes. Academics are the priority, and this rule also ensures equitable programming opportunities and attendance.
Are there exceptions to these rules?
Event exceptions are rare and are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Student groups must submit an exception request in advance to be reviewed by their OSA club advisor and/or CMC and Academics.
SPRING 2023 STUDENT GROUP PROGRAMMING GUIDE
- Student group programming begins Tuesday, January 31 after 5:45PM
- Student group programming ends Friday, April 28 (last day of classes- no programming allowed after due to exams/holidays/end of semester)
SPRING 2023 STUDENT GROUP PROGRAMMING DAYS & TIMES
- Monday-Thursday, Before 8:30 a.m.
- Monday-Thursday, After 5:45 p.m.
- Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, 12:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- NOTE: Student group programming may not occur on Wednesdays from 12:00 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
- Friday- Sunday, All day
SPRING 2023 STUDENT GROUP PROGRAMMING BLACK-OUTS
- Friday, February 10 until 5:00 p.m. – Leading Inclusively
- Monday, March 6 – Friday, March 10 – Final Exam Period
- Monday, March 13 – Friday, March 17 – Spring Break
- Tuesday, March 21, 12:00 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.- Dean’s Town Hall
- Friday, April 28 after 5:45 p.m. - Follies
Student programming should not take place during the Study Day and Exam period
Club/cluster board meetings are allowed to occur during blackout days and times with the exception of individual academic conflicts (classes, exams, etc.)
Note On Updates to Student Leader Resource Website:
Please note that the Student Leader Resource page is a living site that may require updates to various policies and procedures during the academic year. The Office of Student Affairs reserves the right to enact policy and procedure changes that may impact student organization and cluster governance.